Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ol

Default Repeating text label in mailmerge

Hi

I've got the following formula :-

Students: (normal text label)
{MERGEFIELD TableStartStudent \* MERGEFORMAT } { MERGEFIELD Student_Number
\* MERGGEFORMAT} {MERGEFIELD Student_Name \* MERGEFORMAT } { MERGEFIELD
TableEndStudent \* MERGEFORMAT}

However, when the mail merge is run, the result is that it keeps repeating
the 'Student' text label - example below.

Students: 111 John Smith
Students: 222 Paul Frank
Students: 333 Dave Snow

How can i get it to only show the label once?

i.e.
Students: 111 John Smith
222 Paul Frank
333 Dave Snow

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I am not sure what the "TableStartStudent" and "TableEndStudent" mergefields
contain/are supposed to do, but I assume that you are using a catalog or
directory type mail merge main document. That being the case, the only way
to get the Students: to appear once will be if you insert it into the
document that is created as a result of executing the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ol" wrote in message
Hi

I've got the following formula :-

Students: (normal text label)
{MERGEFIELD TableStartStudent \* MERGEFORMAT } { MERGEFIELD Student_Number
\* MERGGEFORMAT} {MERGEFIELD Student_Name \* MERGEFORMAT } { MERGEFIELD
TableEndStudent \* MERGEFORMAT}

However, when the mail merge is run, the result is that it keeps repeating
the 'Student' text label - example below.

Students: 111 John Smith
Students: 222 Paul Frank
Students: 333 Dave Snow

How can i get it to only show the label once?

i.e.
Students: 111 John Smith
222 Paul Frank
333 Dave Snow

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ol

Thanks for this.

Is there any web based resource for mailmerge formulae, in terms of correct
syntax layout, and explainations on what each property does ? just can't seem
to find any help online in terms of resource bases..

olly

"Ol" wrote in message
Hi

I've got the following formula :-

Students: (normal text label)
{MERGEFIELD TableStartStudent \* MERGEFORMAT } { MERGEFIELD Student_Number
\* MERGGEFORMAT} {MERGEFIELD Student_Name \* MERGEFORMAT } { MERGEFIELD
TableEndStudent \* MERGEFORMAT}

However, when the mail merge is run, the result is that it keeps repeating
the 'Student' text label - example below.

Students: 111 John Smith
Students: 222 Paul Frank
Students: 333 Dave Snow

How can i get it to only show the label once?

i.e.
Students: 111 John Smith
222 Paul Frank
333 Dave Snow

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I am not sure exactly what you mean by mailmerge formulae and properties,
but take a look at some of the pages on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at