Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Brenda

Default My Data Sources - Can not COPY file

-In my application (Visual FoxPro) I have a copy statement to copy my data
source file to c:\docume~1\%username%\mydocu~1\my data sources and it gets an
"Error attempting to Create a File". I can copy to My Documents, just not My
Data Sources. In my application, I can path down to My Data Sources and
return all the files in the folder. I am just not able to COPY into My Data
Sources.

Also, the COPY works on my two local machines which are XP Pro, Word 2002
SP3, just not the server which has Word 2003.

Any Ideas?;

Brenda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I suppose the obvious question is "do you have the necessary permissions to
that folder on the server?"

Peter Jamieson
"Brenda" wrote in message
-In my application (Visual FoxPro) I have a copy statement to copy my data
source file to c:\docume~1\%username%\mydocu~1\my data sources and it gets
an
"Error attempting to Create a File". I can copy to My Documents, just not
My
Data Sources. In my application, I can path down to My Data Sources and
return all the files in the folder. I am just not able to COPY into My
Data
Sources.

Also, the COPY works on my two local machines which are XP Pro, Word 2002
SP3, just not the server which has Word 2003.

Any Ideas?;

Brenda

Data Source file location Marilyn Microsoft Word Help 1 December 19th 05 08:27 PM
how to import data from a single-column text file to a multi-columntable? Tony Young Tables 1 August 4th 05 09:39 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
VBA - Data extraction from rtf file tom blower Mailmerge 2 March 5th 05 09:07 AM
Save file as .doc having all data in ascii character set Freddy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 09:44 AM