Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kdprelit

Default Text Box Mergecode Switch

I have a postcard merge template. I have a mergecode in a text box so it
appears in the same spot every time. It's a number but I want it to appear
without formatting so I have the switch set as \# 000000. I'm running into a
problem when adding the «Next Record» code. For some reason when that code
is added to the templat,e the mergecode in the text box does not print. When
I remove the Next Record code it works just fine. I have tried it in Word
2000 and Word 2003 and I get the same results everytime. Help! I'll take
any suggestions!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Postcard merges normally use the appropriate label format and are thus the
same as mailing label merges.
I really don't like using text boxes containing merge fields. Text boxes are
in the drawing layer of the document and thus behave unpredictably. I would
recommend positioning the number using paragraph and tab formatting.