Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lee Harris

Default How to Format Numbers

I'm trying to format some number fields so that positive numbers are
preceeded by a "+" and negative by the "-" and zero by space " " so they all
line up nicely

looking at a text file I have, it seems I want this:

+ (plus sign)
Adds a plus sign to a positive result, a minus sign to a negative result, or
a space if the result is 0 (zero). For example, { = 100 - 90 \# +## }
displays "+10", and { = 90 - 100 \# +## } displays "-10".
%, $, *, and so on

this is my mergefield (an example), but I can't get it to work with the
above format

{ MERGFIELD "INT" }

I tried

{ MERGFIELD \# +## "INT" } and