Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scott

Default blank merge fields

Hello, I am merging a 4 page word document that has 75 merge fields. I need
to check every field to see if a field is empty. If the filed is empty I need
to print a gray box in the area were the data should have printed. Any ideas
word be great. thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You will need an If ... then ... Else field to check if each mergefield is
blank, and insert either the greybox or the contents of the mergefield
depending on the result. What you want to ultimately do with the gray box
would dictate exactly what you should use for it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP