Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CCloud

Default Problem with Page number in status bar

The status bar in a document says:
Page 2 SEC 1 1/3

I am at the very top of the document as you can tell by 1/3
but it is saying page 2. When I insert page numbers it classifies page 1 as
2, 2 as 3 etc.
I gather it is pulling that from the Page 2.
How can I reset so that the status bar will indicate I am on Page 1 Sec 1
1/3 and the page numbers will print correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Format Page Number and set it to
"Continue from previous section." Also, make sure that the section start
type is not Even Page (Layout tab of Page Setup).

"CCloud" wrote in message
The status bar in a document says:
Page 2 SEC 1 1/3

I am at the very top of the document as you can tell by 1/3
but it is saying page 2. When I insert page numbers it classifies page 1

as
2, 2 as 3 etc.
I gather it is pulling that from the Page 2.
How can I reset so that the status bar will indicate I am on Page 1 Sec 1
1/3 and the page numbers will print correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Insert Page Numbers, click Format, make sure Start at is set to "1" or
click Continue from previous section.