Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt Keefe

Default No 'Save as' Option in Word 2003

Hello there,

I'm using Office 2003, and in Word I find that I have no 'Save as' option
under the file menu. The options are available a

New
Open
Close
Save
Save as Webpage
File Search

.... and so on, but no 'Save as' option.

Obviously, I can use the 'Save as Webpage' option to achieve the same thing,
but this takes longer, since I need to not only rename the file, but also to
change the file type in the drop down box. I'm sure the 'Save as' option
should appear, but it simply doesn't.

Can anybody explain this, and tell me how to add the 'Save as' option to my
file menu? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Matt Keefe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ewan7279

Hi Matt,

When you click on File, does the options menu appear with two downward
arrows at the bottom? If so, click this to extend the menu to display all
available options.

Ewan

"Matt Keefe" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt Keefe

Hi Ewan,

I should have made it clear - I'm talking about the file menu in its long
form, after clicking on the downward arrows. Even in this longer version, no
Save As option appears for me.

I wondered if a corrupted installation might be the problem, so I repaired
the installation with my original Office CD, but the problem is still there.

Matt

"Matt Keefe" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Magnus Jingryd

Matt,

try F12 in the document. This brings up Save as...

BR,
Magnus Jingryd

"Matt Keefe" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Magnus Jingryd

Strange, my first post doesn't show. I'll try again.

There is a work-around; F12 brings up Save as...

BR,
Magnus Jingryd