Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy

Default Customizing "Change Case" Command

I currently use Word 2002. This and earlier versions of word capitalize all
of the words highlighted when "Title Case" is chosen, rather than just the
first, last, and major words, as is done in academic work.

Is there a way to change this within Word or by programming? Has this been
changed in more recent versions of Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

I use 2003 and if I want to change the case of text I simply highlight it and
then depress SHIFT + F3 and it cycles through the cases.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Wendy" wrote:

I currently use Word 2002. This and earlier versions of word capitalize all
of the words highlighted when "Title Case" is chosen, rather than just the
first, last, and major words, as is done in academic work.

Is there a way to change this within Word or by programming? Has this been
changed in more recent versions of Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy

Thanks, Carol. I tried this procedure. It doesn't solve my problem
completely, however, for two reasons:

1) it is very slow -- takes about 15-20 seconds for each change
2) it needs to be applied to non-congruent, separate words in a title
(words such as "and," "in," etc.)

It would be so much faster to just highlight all of the words of the title
and have the correct capitalization.

Best,
Wendy

"Wendy" wrote:

I currently use Word 2002. This and earlier versions of word capitalize all
of the words highlighted when "Title Case" is chosen, rather than just the
first, last, and major words, as is done in academic work.

Is there a way to change this within Word or by programming? Has this been
changed in more recent versions of Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

There is currently no way to do this. It would require some sort of
artificial intelligence algorithm to determine which are the major words.
Something could be written with vba that would lowercase common articles and
prepositions, I suppose. It would be about as accurate and useful as the
grammar checker, which I refuse to use.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Wendy" wrote in message
I currently use Word 2002. This and earlier versions of word capitalize
all
of the words highlighted when "Title Case" is chosen, rather than just the
first, last, and major words, as is done in academic work.

Is there a way to change this within Word or by programming? Has this
been
changed in more recent versions of Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

posted a macro that UNcapitalizes the words of your choice in a
selection after you use the "change case" command. See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f2a99839e87f98
and http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm . You can assign
the macro to keyboard shortcut or a toolbar button if you want.

Wendy wrote:

I currently use Word 2002. This and earlier versions of word capitalize all
of the words highlighted when "Title Case" is chosen, rather than just the
first, last, and major words, as is done in academic work.

Is there a way to change this within Word or by programming? Has this been
changed in more recent versions of Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Microsoft's response to requests that this be fixed is to change the
description of the feature to "Capitalize All Words." sigh

"Wendy" wrote in message
I currently use Word 2002. This and earlier versions of word capitalize

all
of the words highlighted when "Title Case" is chosen, rather than just the
first, last, and major words, as is done in academic work.

Is there a way to change this within Word or by programming? Has this

been
changed in more recent versions of Word?

Where is Word 2003 Open As Copy command on my right-click menu? janebee Microsoft Word Help 0 March 6th 06 03:50 PM
How to Insert the «Next Record» Command? wayoflight Mailmerge 1 February 15th 06 08:38 AM
EditRedoOrRepeat Command dew New Users 2 January 24th 06 10:44 PM
SQL command in DATABASE field spedicini Mailmerge 2 June 6th 05 08:07 PM
Command line switches Steve New Users 3 December 28th 04 09:37 AM