Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephanie O.

Default Sequential Numbering in Document Template

The company I work for still uses typewriters to fill out contracts that are
sent out on a regular basis. I have created an EXACT replica of the contract
in a WORD document template which would save so much time & effort, but the
only problem is, the contract number.

I am trying to figure out how to get this contract number to automatically
update in sequence when the document is saved.

Maybe I could add a button or something to click that would insert the new
updated contract number to the document I am working on€¦

For example: Here is the starting contract number I want to use for the
Template:

A 15655.

I would like for every time I open and/or save that it would go in sequence..

A 15656
A 15657€¦ and so on.

I would be so much help if someone could give me advice on this€¦ thank you
so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Stephanie O." wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Stephanie,

Fellow MVP Graham Mayor and I worked on this issue a while back and
Graham has the fruit of that labor posted on his site:

http://www.gmayor.com/automatic_numbering_documents.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephanie O.

That was Great! Thank you. Maybe you can answer this too... Now I did
everything like on the site, and it tells me that Macros are disabled. Did I
do something wrong or is a setting that needs to be changed on my computer?

"Stephanie O." wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephanie O.

Hi Greg, thanks. I can understand most of it, and some of the changes are
easy to identify, however I don't recognize all the changes I need to make to
personalize this to my template. Any more advice you could offer? Again
Thank You.

"Greg" wrote:

Stephanie,

Fellow MVP Graham Mayor and I worked on this issue a while back and
Graham has the fruit of that labor posted on his site:

http://www.gmayor.com/automatic_numbering_documents.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Stephanie,

You will need to be more specific as to what you don't understand and where
you need additional help.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"Greg" wrote:

Stephanie,

Fellow MVP Graham Mayor and I worked on this issue a while back and
Graham has the fruit of that labor posted on his site:

http://www.gmayor.com/automatic_numbering_documents.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Tools options security macro security set to Medium - Trusted
Publishers Trust all installed templates and add-ins