Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shelley78

Default What causes field calculation errors in mail merge?

Merging a document and I get the following Mail Merge message: A field
calculation error occured in record 1.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I have experienced receiving that error message when using a field
construction such as:

{ IF { REF Check } "{ MERGEFIELD itemnumber } { MERGEFIELD itemprice } "
"{ MERGEFIELD itemnumber } { MERGEFIELD itemprice }¶
" }{ SET Check "{ MERGEFIELD itemnumber } { MERGEFIELD itemprice }" }

But after clicking on the OK button to dismiss the error message, the merge
executes as required.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shelley78" wrote in message
Merging a document and I get the following Mail Merge message: A field
calculation error occured in record 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I believe that particular problem occurs when the { SET } field has been
inserted but not actually executed. At that point there is no "Check"
bookmark, so the REF field causes an error. After the { SET } field has been
executed once, the error disappears.

Peter Jamieson

"

"Shelley78" wrote in message
Merging a document and I get the following Mail Merge message: A field
calculation error occured in record 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod

Hi Shelley,

What is the field coding that generates the error? If it uses any REF
fields, what's the coding for the source fields too?

Cheers