Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nigel

Default how do i retain formating when performing a mail merge?

I am trying to mail merge a docment using a web page as a data source. I want
formatting such as bold and italic text in the web page to appear in my final
merged document. How do I instruct Word to retain formatting from the data
file when performing a merge?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

The \* MERGEFORMAT switch will sometimes help. However, it depends on how
the formatting is applied in the web page. I've never tried using a web page
as a data source.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"nigel" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge a docment using a web page as a data source. I
want
formatting such as bold and italic text in the web page to appear in my
final
merged document. How do I instruct Word to retain formatting from the data
file when performing a merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Word 2002/3?
From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be
given the option of using the DDE method of connection which should read the
data as you have it formatted.