Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bwilli

Default mail merge for email with attachments

Hi there,
Don't have much experience with Macros. I referred to the article from Doug
Robbins - thanks so much. I've managed to make my way through his steps, but
when I try running the macro in the active document it errors out with the
following message - "Complie Error - User-defined type not defined." and
highlights "oOutlookapp As Outlook.Application." In the setup, I did go into
the Visual Basic Editor, References, Tools, and did verify that Microsoft
Office Outlook 9.0 is already checked. Our system is Microsoft Office 2000.
Any thoughts on why I'm receiving this message?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What happens in the Visual Basic editor if you type

Dim ooutlookapp as Outlook.

that is Outlook followed by a period. Do you get a list of possibilities?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bwilli" wrote in message
Hi there,
Don't have much experience with Macros. I referred to the article from
Doug
Robbins - thanks so much. I've managed to make my way through his steps,
but
when I try running the macro in the active document it errors out with the
following message - "Complie Error - User-defined type not defined." and
highlights "oOutlookapp As Outlook.Application." In the setup, I did go
into
the Visual Basic Editor, References, Tools, and did verify that Microsoft
Office Outlook 9.0 is already checked. Our system is Microsoft Office
2000.
Any thoughts on why I'm receiving this message?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bwilli

Actually, the type in that line turns red and I get a "Compile Error:
Expected: Identifier." No list of options.