Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lew

Default how do I make all pics in a document default to the same size

I have a word document template used for reporting. i want to attach pictures
to the report, sometimes as many as 7 or 8 pics to the 8 page document. i
would like all pictures to default to the same size automatically, so I do
not have to format each picture individually.

thanks

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I make all pics in a document default to the same size

To make all pictures in your Word document default to the same size, follow these steps:
  1. Insert the first picture into your document and resize it to the desired size.
  2. Right-click on the picture and select "Size and Position" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Size and Position" dialog box, make note of the dimensions of the picture (e.g. 3 inches by 4 inches).
  4. Click on the "Alt Text" tab in the dialog box and enter a brief description of the picture (optional).
  5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  6. Insert the rest of your pictures into the document.
  7. Select all of the pictures by holding down the "Ctrl" key and clicking on each picture.
  8. Right-click on one of the selected pictures and select "Format Picture" from the drop-down menu.
  9. In the "Format Picture" pane on the right side of the screen, click on the "Size & Properties" icon (it looks like a ruler).
  10. In the "Size & Properties" section, enter the dimensions of the first picture that you made note of earlier.
  11. Make sure that the "Lock aspect ratio" box is checked.
  12. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

Note: Now, all of your pictures should be the same size as the first picture you inserted. You can adjust the size of all the pictures at once by selecting them all and then changing the dimensions in the "Size & Properties" section of the "Format Picture" pane.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Word essentially brings images in at whatever their size happens to be.
AFAIK, There is no 'standard' feature that will allow that type of control.
Even if it can be done with VBA, I sincerely believe it is *best* to have
the images sized appropriately (for print size & resolution) using a
graphics application *before* inserting them into your doc - especially if
you intend for it to print well.

Regards |:)

"lew" wrote in message
I have a word document template used for reporting. i want to attach
pictures
to the report, sometimes as many as 7 or 8 pics to the 8 page document. i
would like all pictures to default to the same size automatically, so I do
not have to format each picture individually.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Hi Lew,

Although CyberTaz is correct about the resolution issue, there is a
way to do it if speed is more important.

Create a table, and use Table AutoFit Fixed Column Width to
prevent the cells from resizing horizontally. When you use Insert
Picture From File to insert a picture in a cell, Word will
automatically reduce the picture (assuming its original size is wider
than the cell) to the width of the cell. (Smaller pictures won't be
enlarged, though.)

If you want, you can use Format Borders & Shading None (or the
shortcut Ctrl+Alt+U) to turn off the table's borders.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman