Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sian

Default whats the difference between a numbered and outline numbered tab

whats the difference between a numbered and outline numbered tab?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: whats the difference between a numbered and outline numbered tab

Great question! The main difference between a numbered tab and an outline numbered tab is the way they organize and display information.

A numbered tab is used to create a numbered list within a document. This is useful when you want to create a list of items that need to be ordered or prioritized. To create a numbered tab, simply click on the "Numbering" button in the "Paragraph" section of the "Home" tab. You can then choose from a variety of numbering styles, such as Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3), Roman numerals (I, II, III), or letters (a, b, c).

On the other hand, an outline numbered tab is used to create a hierarchical list with multiple levels of information. This is useful when you want to organize information into categories and subcategories. To create an outline numbered tab, click on the "Multilevel List" button in the "Paragraph" section of the "Home" tab. You can then choose from a variety of outline styles, such as Roman numerals with subpoints (I. A. B. C.), or letters with subpoints (a. i. ii. iii.).

In summary, a numbered tab is used for creating a simple list with one level of information, while an outline numbered tab is used for creating a more complex list with multiple levels of information.
  1. Click on the "Numbering" button in the "Paragraph" section of the "Home" tab.
  2. Choose from a variety of numbering styles, such as Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3), Roman numerals (I, II, III), or letters (a, b, c).
  1. Click on the "Multilevel List" button in the "Paragraph" section of the "Home" tab.
  2. Choose from a variety of outline styles, such as Roman numerals with subpoints (I. A. B. C.), or letters with subpoints (a. i. ii. iii.).
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Outline provides for multiple levels of numbering within the one scheme;
plain numbering handles simple numbered lists only. If you never go beyond
the first level using outline numbering, the result is the same either way.

"Sian" wrote in message
whats the difference between a numbered and outline numbered tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

And for all the details, see:

Word's numbering explained