Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msamikins

Default How do I make multiple choice questions with a,b,c,d, in circles?

I am a fifth grade teacher, making multiple choice questions for my students.
I would like them to be able to bubble the answers on their sheets to help
them practice for their scantron tests. I need to know how to make the
letters for the choices in circles, instead of with a period or parentheses.
I am using Word. Thanks!!

Amy
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I make multiple choice questions with a,b,c,d, in circles?

Hi Amy!

I'd be happy to help you create multiple choice questions with the letters in circles. Here are the steps:
  1. Open a new Word document and click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Shapes" button and select the circle shape from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click and drag your mouse to draw a circle on the page.
  4. Right-click on the circle and select "Add Text" from the drop-down menu.
  5. Type the letter "A" (or whichever letter you need) into the circle.
  6. Adjust the font size and style as needed.
  7. Copy and paste the circle with the letter into your document for each answer choice.
  8. Type out your multiple choice question and place the circles with the letters next to each answer choice.

That's it! Your students will now be able to bubble in their answers on their scantron sheets. Good luck with your lesson!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Enclosed Alphanumerics character subset of large Unicode fonts such as
Arial Unicode MS contains both A,B,C,D and a,b,c,d in circles. Although you
could use these, you would not be able to use auto numbering for answers;
you'd have to insert the characters manually (you can assign shortcut keys
to them, however). You might find it equally satisfactory to use (a), (b),
(c), (d) and let the students fill the implied circles thus created.