Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gordon7000

Default Page numbering format in headers won't change

I've been trying to change the default Arabic page numbers in page headers to
lower case Roman numerals for the first part of my document (I'm using
section breaks to separate the various parts). However, although I can access
the dialog box, select Roman numerals, and press OK, the page numbering
remains at 1,2,3 etc, instead of i,ii,iii etc. I assume this is a problem yet
to be resolved, but if there's a workaround, I'd be happy to hear from
someone.

Gordon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod

Hi Gordon,

Word 2007 beta?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gordon7000" wrote in message
I've been trying to change the default Arabic page numbers in page headers

lower case Roman numerals for the first part of my document (I'm using
section breaks to separate the various parts). However, although I can

access
the dialog box, select Roman numerals, and press OK, the page numbering
remains at 1,2,3 etc, instead of i,ii,iii etc. I assume this is a problem

yet
to be resolved, but if there's a workaround, I'd be happy to hear from
someone.

Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gordon7000

Sorry, macropod. Yes, it's Word 2007 beta.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Gordon,

Word 2007 beta?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gordon7000" wrote in message
I've been trying to change the default Arabic page numbers in page headers

lower case Roman numerals for the first part of my document (I'm using
section breaks to separate the various parts). However, although I can

access
the dialog box, select Roman numerals, and press OK, the page numbering
remains at 1,2,3 etc, instead of i,ii,iii etc. I assume this is a problem

yet
to be resolved, but if there's a workaround, I'd be happy to hear from
someone.

Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod

Hi Gordon,

I haven't installed the beta myself, but maybe one of the other participants
here who has can help you. Knowing which version of Word they're dealing
with will help.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gordon7000" wrote in message
Sorry, macropod. Yes, it's Word 2007 beta.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Gordon,

Word 2007 beta?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gordon7000" wrote in message
I've been trying to change the default Arabic page numbers in page

headers
lower case Roman numerals for the first part of my document (I'm using
section breaks to separate the various parts). However, although I can

access
the dialog box, select Roman numerals, and press OK, the page

numbering
remains at 1,2,3 etc, instead of i,ii,iii etc. I assume this is a

problem
yet
to be resolved, but if there's a workaround, I'd be happy to hear from
someone.

Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JEEGG

Gordon:

I had a problem with the Beta in that I couldn't install any page numbers in
a header, despite my efforts to do so. At least you are able to get some
numbers, it sounds like, even if the wrong ones. I wonder how you managed to
get the numbers to work at all.

JEEGG

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Gordon,

I haven't installed the beta myself, but maybe one of the other participants
here who has can help you. Knowing which version of Word they're dealing
with will help.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gordon7000" wrote in message
Sorry, macropod. Yes, it's Word 2007 beta.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Gordon,

Word 2007 beta?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gordon7000" wrote in message
I've been trying to change the default Arabic page numbers in page

headers
lower case Roman numerals for the first part of my document (I'm using
section breaks to separate the various parts). However, although I can
access
the dialog box, select Roman numerals, and press OK, the page

numbering
remains at 1,2,3 etc, instead of i,ii,iii etc. I assume this is a

problem
yet
to be resolved, but if there's a workaround, I'd be happy to hear from
someone.

Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gordon7000

Hi JEEGG,

I didn't find any problems getting Word 2007 beta to display page numbers
throughout my long document (except with the style of numbers at the
beginning of the document). All I did was to select one of Word's built-in
Header styles, and the page numbering facility was inserted automatically.
I've had no problems numbering the main pages (in the headers) across
chapters and section breaks, etc. I don't know what would happen if I tried
to insert page numbering manually into the Headers. I haven't tried this, as
the ready-made Header style with included numbering worked fine.

Regards,

Gordon

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Gordon,

I haven't installed the beta myself, but maybe one of the other participants
here who has can help you. Knowing which version of Word they're dealing
with will help.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gordon7000" wrote in message
Sorry, macropod. Yes, it's Word 2007 beta.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Gordon,

Word 2007 beta?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gordon7000" wrote in message
I've been trying to change the default Arabic page numbers in page

headers
lower case Roman numerals for the first part of my document (I'm using
section breaks to separate the various parts). However, although I can
access
the dialog box, select Roman numerals, and press OK, the page

numbering
remains at 1,2,3 etc, instead of i,ii,iii etc. I assume this is a

problem
yet
to be resolved, but if there's a workaround, I'd be happy to hear from
someone.

Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CJ Rhoads CJ Rhoads is offline

I know this is long ago, but to change the format of the page number, you
have to edit the header, click on the page number and a little box will
appear with the page number symbol on it. Double click that box and you can
change the format as well as restart the page numbers at 1.

Regards
CJ

"Gordon7000" wrote:

I've been trying to change the default Arabic page numbers in page headers to
lower case Roman numerals for the first part of my document (I'm using
section breaks to separate the various parts). However, although I can access
the dialog box, select Roman numerals, and press OK, the page numbering
remains at 1,2,3 etc, instead of i,ii,iii etc. I assume this is a problem yet
to be resolved, but if there's a workaround, I'd be happy to hear from
someone.

Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gordon7000 Gordon7000 is offline

Hi CJ,

Many thanks for your response. I'm not working on these documents at
present, but as soon as I return to them I'll try your suggestion.

Regards,

Gordon