Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Craig Craig is offline

Default Header Footer Pane

I recently did a search (ctrl F) to find a word in a document and a new
panel appeared at the bottom of the screen showing the Footer. (of course
the word I was searching for was in the footer section)

I have never seen this panel before. How can you get it to appear without
doing a Find

Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Craig Ferrier Craig Ferrier is offline

If you try the following yourself you may understand the question better.

Create a new document and place the word Test in the footer of the page.
Close the header/footer toolbar and click CTRL F or toolbar find and search
on the word "test"

A new window pane opens below the document.

Now I will ask the question again. Can you make this pane appear without
doing a Find?

Thanks
Craig

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
View | Header and Footer?

so
all may benefit.

"Craig" wrote in message
I recently did a search (ctrl F) to find a word in a document and a new
panel appeared at the bottom of the screen showing the Footer. (of
course
the word I was searching for was in the footer section)

I have never seen this panel before. How can you get it to appear
without
doing a Find

Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Um, okay, I do see it now. Possibly you could invoke it with VBA, but I
don't know any way beyond that. Why do you want to?

"Craig Ferrier" wrote in message
If you try the following yourself you may understand the question better.

Create a new document and place the word Test in the footer of the page.
Close the header/footer toolbar and click CTRL F or toolbar find and

search
on the word "test"

A new window pane opens below the document.

Now I will ask the question again. Can you make this pane appear without
doing a Find?

Thanks
Craig

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
View | Header and Footer?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Craig" wrote in message
I recently did a search (ctrl F) to find a word in a document and a new
panel appeared at the bottom of the screen showing the Footer. (of
course
the word I was searching for was in the footer section)

I have never seen this panel before. How can you get it to appear
without
doing a Find

Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The panes don't seem to update automatically as you move between
sections, which make them rather useless. Anyway, here's code to
display them:

To display the current header in a pane, use the following syntax:

Sub DisplayCurrentHeader
ActiveWindow.View.SplitSpecial = wdPaneCurrentPageHeader
End Sub

And to display the current footer:

Sub DisplayCurrentFooter
ActiveWindow.View.SplitSpecial = wdPaneCurrentPageFooter
End Sub

For help on using macros, see http://gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

For more on the SplitSpecial property, see Word VBA Help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Um, okay, I do see it now. Possibly you could invoke it with VBA,

but I
don't know any way beyond that. Why do you want to?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.