Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Gilblom Dave Gilblom is offline

Default Paths in templates

Is there a way to store a file save path in a template so when any file
using that template is saved it always goes to the preselected folder? I
have several templates that are forms and the filled-in versions always need
to go to the same place. I'd like not to have to go through directory trees
every time to get there.

Thanks, Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You need a macro that sets the folder for the Save As dialog, as shown
at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...SaveAsPath.htm. If
you name the macro FileSaveAs, it will intercept the built-in command
(see http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...SavePrint.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:36:21 -0700, "Dave Gilblom"
wrote:

Is there a way to store a file save path in a template so when any file
using that template is saved it always goes to the preselected folder? I
have several templates that are forms and the filled-in versions always need
to go to the same place. I'd like not to have to go through directory trees
every time to get there.

Thanks, Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Gilblom Dave Gilblom is offline

Jay,

Thanks, but that means I need a whole row of macro buttons, one for each
form that goes in a different folder. Is there a way to attach the macro to
the template so the right button shows up only when the template is
selected?

Regards, Dave

news

wrote:

Is there a way to store a file save path in a template so when any file
using that template is saved it always goes to the preselected folder? I
have several templates that are forms and the filled-in versions always
need
to go to the same place. I'd like not to have to go through directory
trees
every time to get there.

Thanks, Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Simply save one macro and its corresponding button in each template.
Do NOT save any of them in normal.dot. Then each macro will be
available only in documents based on that specific template, and only
that button will be added to the toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

Is there a way to store a file save path in a template so when any file
using that template is saved it always goes to the preselected folder? I
have several templates that are forms and the filled-in versions always
need
to go to the same place. I'd like not to have to go through directory
trees
every time to get there.

Thanks, Dave

Sharing templates on the network [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 May 20th 06 12:56 AM
Accessing Templates in Word 2002 Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 5 November 22nd 05 01:29 AM
Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
Templates in too many languages. Only need English. capt_dalton Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 10:29 PM