Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sweetmj Sweetmj is offline

Default When I press enter, the next paragraph is at 9.8" not 1.1"

On any new document, the next line following a return is not following the
document it's at 9.8 not 1.1 After each return the text just moves up until
it looks like a regular document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Word, click on File | Page Setup | Layout tab | Vertical
alignment: Top | Default | Yes | OK. If you are prompted to save
changes to your Normal.dot global template when you exit Word,
say yes.