Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shrikant Shrikant is offline

Default Dictionery in Word

I had a Websters Dictionery. I tried to integrate it in words so that when I
press Shift + F7, I will get word meanings from this dictionery. It does not
work.
I also want the Word to look for the meaning from the online Dictionery.com
site or any such site. How to configure Word for the same.
I am having Word 2003.
Are there any dictioneries which work from inside the Word ?. Standalone
dictioneries lose their utility value.
--
Shrikant

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Years ago I had an American Heritage dictionary that integrated with Word.
According to
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/061...lance&n=283155,
the current version still does, but it is currently unavailable. OTOH,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0618082301 seems to imply that the CD is
available with a book purchase, though I don't think the one on that page
has it. The combined version at
http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/...eNumber=H25103
has a commensurately higher price, though available for less (at
http://www.textbookx.com/detail-book-0618082301.html, for example). See
http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/...port.shtml#ahd for more.

"Shrikant" wrote in message
I had a Websters Dictionery. I tried to integrate it in words so that when

press Shift + F7, I will get word meanings from this dictionery. It does

not
work.
I also want the Word to look for the meaning from the online

Dictionery.com
site or any such site. How to configure Word for the same.
I am having Word 2003.
Are there any dictioneries which work from inside the Word ?. Standalone
dictioneries lose their utility value.
--
Shrikant

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Sarah, while it is true that the word "dictionary" was misspelled in the
post, I think your comment was uncalled for in pointing that fact out to all
who read this NG. Now if I were to be even more insensitive to you, I would
say that Ms. Suzan S. Barnhill definitely has class.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Oops! Sorry, Suzanne! I believe that I did misspell your first name. I
should have known better after all these years.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"billybob" wrote in message
Oops! Sorry, Suzanne! I believe that I did misspell your first name. I
should have known better after all these years.

I was going to correct you but in view of your post I feared I may get a
keyboard-lashing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shrikant Shrikant is offline

Dear All
Thanks for the enlightenment. I thought over it. This error has deep rooted
in me an I always do the same error in speed writing.
The words StationEry, MachinEry all have E in it. Probably that is the
origin of my error in writing DictionEry.
I have come across many cases of high profile executives writing the word
'maintenance' as 'maintainence'.
With all this discussion, probably I will not make this mistake again !
--
Shrikant

"Shrikant" wrote:

I had a Websters Dictionery. I tried to integrate it in words so that when I
press Shift + F7, I will get word meanings from this dictionery. It does not
work.
I also want the Word to look for the meaning from the online Dictionery.com
site or any such site. How to configure Word for the same.
I am having Word 2003.
Are there any dictioneries which work from inside the Word ?. Standalone
dictioneries lose their utility value.
--
Shrikant

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Dictionary in Word

You should try and be stationary when choosing stationery

!