Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RyanRay RyanRay is offline

Default cannot turn off auto format options for styles

I have a large document consisting of a number of different styles throughout
and am experiencing two major problems:
1.) When I attempt to change the formatting of certain text items within the
file, 99% of the time Word changes the style throughout the entire document.
Often this maxes out my CPU utilization and crashes Word. I've tried removing
any AutoCorrect options I could find, however this still seems to be an issue.
2.) The text sections in the document seem to be linked together in some
way, often causing only a paragraph of text to be displayed on a single page.
I can correct this some of the time by changing the page view and inserting
hard page breaks, but can't figure out what's causing the sections to link
together even if there are link breaks within.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

1. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.

2. In Format | Paragraph, Line and Page Breaks tab, which options are
selected?

If "Page break before" is applied to multiple paragraphs, these will
each be on a separate page.

If "Keep lines together" is selected, text will move to the next page
if the entire paragraph cannot fit on the current page.

"Keep with next" makes sure that a paragraph is on the same page as
the following paragraph. If multiple paragraphs in succession uses
"Keep with next," things get complicated, because Word has to break
the page at some point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RyanRay" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RyanRay RyanRay is offline

Thanks much Stefan. The issue, I think, was the Keep with Next function being
activated. That was driving me NUTS and I could never figure out where to
shut it off.

Other issue had to do with "apply to all" setting for each individual style.

Thank again!

RyanRay

"RyanRay" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout