Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karl Perry Karl Perry is offline

Default How to display book pages as they appear in the book?

I've looked in help and on the MVP site & haven't found anything yet ...

Using Word for Windows 2003 sp2.

I'm creating a book using Word. 8.5x11, four pages per signature, multiple
signatures in the book.

Using View/Print Layout, I'd like to edit my book where I see page 1 by
itself (as it would be in a real book), pages 2-3 appear left-right
side-by-side, 4-5 appear side-by-side, etc.

So far, I can display page 1 on the left, 2 to its right, 3 below left, 4
below right, etc. This doesn't help with formatting pages that will appear
side-by-side in the real book.

TIA,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you have selected either "Mirror margins" (Paper tab of Page Setup) or
"Different odd and even" (Layout tab), you will see facing pages.

Wish it was that easy.

I had "Book fold" selected in the Paper tab and "Different odd and even"
selected in the Layout tab and the behavior I described occurred.

I also have "Different first page" selected. Unselected it to no effect.

I just tried setting my page settings to "Mirror margins" and the display
changed to a single wide 11 x 8.5" page.

I then changed my page size to Custom, 5.5" wide by 8.5" high and set the
Paper tab to Mirror Margins. I now see the book the way I want, but only in
Print Preview. I'm looking for a way to show it with book pages
side-by-side in edit mode.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.