Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAC CAC is offline

Default How delete copies in my documents?

When I delete a file in My Documents, it is deleted but a new one appears as
a copy. I have copies up to Number 8! How do I get rid of them so I can clean
up My Documents to keep only the files I want to keep?
--
CAC old fellow
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How *exactly* are you deleting these files?
Close Word and use Windows Explorer to delete all the files you want
deleted.

CAC wrote:
When I delete a file in My Documents, it is deleted but a new one
appears as a copy. I have copies up to Number 8! How do I get rid of
them so I can clean up My Documents to keep only the files I want to
keep?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

If you are holding the control key to delete documents and you move the files,
even slightly you will get copies. Select the files you want deleted with the
control key, right-click, click delete.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/