Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Default Unusual effect with Increase Indent

Word 2003 Office SP2

I am seeing an unusual effect with Increase Indent.

On one paragraph, it says the style is Normal.
I click the Increase Indent and the formatting is now Normal + Left: 0.5
So far so good.

I go to another paragraph.
It says the style is Normal.
I click the Increase Indent and the formatting is now Normal.
Wait a minute. Why is the formatting still Normal?
It should say Normal + Left: 0.5
The paragraph did however indent by 0.5 inch, but
the formatting still says Normal instead of Normal + Left: 0.5

There are several paragraphs in the document that have this
unusual behavior. Even if I cut and paste them back saving
as text only. They still exhibit this behavior.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi John,

On one paragraph, it says the style is Normal.
I click the Increase Indent and the formatting is now Normal + Left: 0.5
So far so good.

I go to another paragraph.
It says the style is Normal.
I click the Increase Indent and the formatting is now Normal.
Wait a minute. Why is the formatting still Normal?
It should say Normal + Left: 0.5
The paragraph did however indent by 0.5 inch, but
the formatting still says Normal instead of Normal + Left: 0.5

Where are you seeing this? I sometimes get the feeling the display (in the
task pane) isn't updating correctly to show the format of the current
selection. This is especially bad in Word 2007.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Thank you for the feedback.

It is not a matter of updating because when I close and reopen the DOC, the
problem persists.