Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mike carrington mike carrington is offline

Default Using Outlook Express to Email

I just got Word 2003 and want to email a document using Outlook Express.
How can I 'install' an option or parameter such that Word will use OE to
email the document? I don't have Office.

I'm using XP, SP-2 and am current with all updates. Thank you very much in
advance.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Open OE, start an new email and attach your Word file.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mike carrington" wrote in message
I just got Word 2003 and want to email a document using Outlook Express.
How can I 'install' an option or parameter such that Word will use OE to
email the document? I don't have Office.

I'm using XP, SP-2 and am current with all updates. Thank you very much
in advance.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mike carrington mike carrington is offline

I can't do it from within Word? That's what I'd really like to do...

Thanks much.

Mike

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
Open OE, start an new email and attach your Word file.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mike carrington" wrote in message
I just got Word 2003 and want to email a document using Outlook Express.
How can I 'install' an option or parameter such that Word will use OE to
email the document? I don't have Office.

I'm using XP, SP-2 and am current with all updates. Thank you very much
in advance.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I use OE to send attachments from Word: File | Send To | Mail Recipient (as
Attachment). To do this I believe you must have "Mail as attachment" checked
on the General tab of Tools | Options. I assume I could also use File | Send
To | Mail Recipient (which would send the document as the body of the
message), but I've never had the need to do this. All you need is to have OE
selected as your default mail client.

"mike carrington" wrote in message
I just got Word 2003 and want to email a document using Outlook Express.
How can I 'install' an option or parameter such that Word will use OE to
email the document? I don't have Office.

I'm using XP, SP-2 and am current with all updates. Thank you very much

in
advance.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mike carrington mike carrington is offline

Thanks Suzanne,

You've got the issue nailed. What I want to do is FileSend ToMail
Recipient. 1) Mail Recipient (For Review) is greyed out, 2) I don't want to
send it "For Review" but as a final message, and 3) How do I select OE as my
default mail client? #1 is a new issue but #2 is a concern, and 3) was the
original reason for this query.

Thanks a million for your help.

Mike

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I use OE to send attachments from Word: File | Send To | Mail Recipient (as
Attachment). To do this I believe you must have "Mail as attachment"
checked
on the General tab of Tools | Options. I assume I could also use File |
Send
To | Mail Recipient (which would send the document as the body of the
message), but I've never had the need to do this. All you need is to have
OE
selected as your default mail client.

so
all may benefit.

"mike carrington" wrote in message
I just got Word 2003 and want to email a document using Outlook Express.
How can I 'install' an option or parameter such that Word will use OE to
email the document? I don't have Office.

I'm using XP, SP-2 and am current with all updates. Thank you very much

in
advance.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I have Mail Recipient, Mail Recipient (for Review), and Mail Recipient (as
Attachment). Note that if you do send it "for Review," the Reviewing toolbar
will be displayed by default in the document when the recipient opens it.

You select OE as the default mail client on the Programs tab of Internet
Options (accessible from Windows Control Panel or the Tools menu in Internet
Explorer.

If all your settings are correct and you still have problems, I don't know
what else to tell you, though others here may. If not, you might get a
better answer in an OE NG.

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"mike carrington" wrote in message
I just got Word 2003 and want to email a document using Outlook

Express.
How can I 'install' an option or parameter such that Word will use OE

email the document? I don't have Office.

I'm using XP, SP-2 and am current with all updates. Thank you very

much
in
advance.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Check your WIN.INI file for the following [Mail] key values:

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

mike carrington wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mike carrington mike carrington is offline

Thanks much, Suzanne and Garfield.

Garfield, I made the changes to the WIN.INI file (Boy! Sure had to dredge
up some memories about how to line edit a file!). Suzanne, I checked
Internet Explorer Programs page and Outlook Express was already checked as
the default. One possibility...my default browser is FireFox - not Internet
Explorer. Would that make a difference? I don't remember how to change
that or I'd check.

Also, when I am in Word and click on "File - Send To", only "Mail Recipient
(For Review)..." is displayed and it is greyed out. I can't even test the
new code to see if that makes any difference. How can I send a real
message?

Again, thank you both. I really appreciate it.

Mike

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

mike carrington wrote:

[...]