Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dac dac is offline

Default text when changing line spacing

Hello

I'm making a templatein Word for a certificate that I regularily use, but
I just need to change names and dates. There's probably an easier way to
make this, but what I have done is changed the line spacing in some areas so
that the text appears directly on the line. When I print the document onto
the certificate, it looks great. Unfortunately when you look at the document
on the screen, the words are cut off. Is there a way to show the words
without moving any of my lines?!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?ZGFj?=,

I'm making a templatein Word for a certificate that I regularily use, but
I just need to change names and dates. There's probably an easier way to
make this, but what I have done is changed the line spacing in some areas so
that the text appears directly on the line. When I print the document onto
the certificate, it looks great. Unfortunately when you look at the document
on the screen, the words are cut off. Is there a way to show the words
without moving any of my lines?!

It sounds like this could be a problem with your graphics card driver. You can
try updating to the latest driver from the manufacturer's website. If that
doesn't help, try contacting the manufacturer about the problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you had to make line spacing very small (say Multiple set to value
less than 1 or Exactly set to less than the font size), it is normal
for text to be cut off on the screen. Usually, it still prints OK,
though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dac" wrote in message
Hello

I'm making a templatein Word for a certificate that I regularily

use, but
I just need to change names and dates. There's probably an easier

way to
make this, but what I have done is changed the line spacing in some

areas so
that the text appears directly on the line. When I print the

document onto
the certificate, it looks great. Unfortunately when you look at the

document
on the screen, the words are cut off. Is there a way to show the

words
without moving any of my lines?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"dac" has indicated that this is what's happening: "When I print the
document onto the certificate, it looks great." I can understand why "dac"
would prefer the screen display to be accurate (at least in Print Preview),
but, as you point out, often it is not. I'd have to say "dac" should just be
grateful that it prints as desired and resign him/herself to the inaccurate
screen display.

"dac" wrote in message
Hello

I'm making a templatein Word for a certificate that I regularily

use, but
I just need to change names and dates. There's probably an easier

way to
make this, but what I have done is changed the line spacing in some

areas so
that the text appears directly on the line. When I print the

document onto
the certificate, it looks great. Unfortunately when you look at the

document
on the screen, the words are cut off. Is there a way to show the

words
without moving any of my lines?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dac dac is offline

Believe me, I am grateful that it prints well....but unfortunately I'm not
the only one who uses this template. I've placed in the space what exactly
is supposed to be typed there. If you can't see the instructions because it
only shows half of the text....then what's really the point of having the
template....

but I will try updating the driver when I get back to work.

Thank you all so very much for your time and responses

"dac" wrote in message
Hello

I'm making a templatein Word for a certificate that I regularily

use, but
I just need to change names and dates. There's probably an easier

way to
make this, but what I have done is changed the line spacing in some

areas so
that the text appears directly on the line. When I print the

document onto
the certificate, it looks great. Unfortunately when you look at the

document
on the screen, the words are cut off. Is there a way to show the

words
without moving any of my lines?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Ah, I understand the problem. Perhaps you can achieve the positioning of
text using Space Before/After instead of Exact line spacing?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"dac" has indicated that this is what's happening: "When I print the
document onto the certificate, it looks great." I can understand why

"dac"
would prefer the screen display to be accurate (at least in Print

Preview),
but, as you point out, often it is not. I'd have to say "dac" should

just be
grateful that it prints as desired and resign him/herself to the

inaccurate
screen display.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"dac" wrote in message
Hello

I'm making a templatein Word for a certificate that I regularily
use, but
I just need to change names and dates. There's probably an easier
way to
make this, but what I have done is changed the line spacing in some
areas so
that the text appears directly on the line. When I print the
document onto
the certificate, it looks great. Unfortunately when you look at the
document
on the screen, the words are cut off. Is there a way to show the
words
without moving any of my lines?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Or keep the line spacing but use a smaller font size?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dac" wrote in message
Hello

I'm making a templatein Word for a certificate that I

regularily
use, but
I just need to change names and dates. There's probably an

easier
way to
make this, but what I have done is changed the line spacing

in some
areas so
that the text appears directly on the line. When I print

the
document onto
the certificate, it looks great. Unfortunately when you

look at the
document
on the screen, the words are cut off. Is there a way to

show the
words
without moving any of my lines?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, if it's a certificate, I imagine he wants large type, and I can
understand the issue, as often the default line spacing is much too "spacey"
at large point sizes.