Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ron Ron is offline

Default Page layout: Tabs

Where a two colums have been created using tabs: How do I re-format the
columns so that I can separate the left and right column in order to make two
paragraphs?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If I correctly understand what you've got here, try this:

1. Table | Convert | Text to Table, separating at tabs. If there are more
than two tabs between the "columns," you'll need to first replace multiple
tabs with a single one (you can do this with Find and Replace).

2. You should end up with a two-column table with a row for each
line/paragraph.

3. Select all the rows in each column and merge them. This will give you a
one-row, two-column table.

4. Table | Convert | Table to Text, separating with paragraph marks.

"Ron" wrote in message
Where a two colums have been created using tabs: How do I re-format the
columns so that I can separate the left and right column in order to make

two
paragraphs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It is not clear exactly what you have now. But, possibly select the text
and then from the Tables menu, select Convert Text to Table and choose the
tab as the delimiter.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ron" wrote in message
Where a two colums have been created using tabs: How do I re-format the
columns so that I can separate the left and right column in order to make
two
paragraphs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ron Ron is offline

Thanks to both of you. I don't suppose there is any quick way of changing the
single culumn created to a 'full' paragraph without having to use the
backspace on each line of text.
--
Who Cares Who Dares Who Wins

"Ron" wrote in message
Where a two colums have been created using tabs: How do I re-format the
columns so that I can separate the left and right column in order to make
two
paragraphs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Now I gather that what you have is

Text[Tab]Text[Enter]
Text[Tab]Text[Enter]
Text[Tab]Text[Enter]
Text[Tab]Text[Enter]

If that is correct, you should insert a one row, two column table in the
document, them while holding down the Alt key, left click and drag the mouse
down the first "column" of text to select it, then use Ctrl+C to copy it to
the clipboard, then click with the mouse inside the left hand cell of the
table and use Ctrl+V to paste the text into that cell. Then do the same
with the right hand column of text, pasting it into the right hand cell.

When you have that down correctly (it take a bit of mouse control), you can
delete the original text and then select the text in the table and use Edit
replace, to replace ^p with a space. That will convert the text in each
column into a single paragraph.

--

"Ron" wrote in message
Where a two colums have been created using tabs: How do I re-format the
columns so that I can separate the left and right column in order to
make
two
paragraphs?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout