Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
fscodave fscodave is offline

Default hyphenation off for one word

As an old-time WP user,* I thought it would be possible to have
hyphenation on for a document but turn it off for one single word, like
where there's a hyphenation over a page break. No prob in WP, of
course. Well, after checking here and at the MS site and other places,
I guess not. You can turn off hyphenation for a paragraph, so I guess
what I have to do is do that and then if there are hyphens needed in
the paragraph other than in the awkward spot, do that manually.

If I'm maligning Word, and it is possible to do the same thing I used
to be able to do in WP, please let me know!

:-)

David

*At the training sessions for Word at work, where we're switching from
WP, I mentioned to our teacher that I'd been using WP since 1986, to
which she replied: "Ha Ha. That's the year I was born!"

Sigh.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Hyphenation is part of Proofing, so select the word and use Tools, Language
and select No Proofing.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

ps.com...
:
: If I'm maligning Word, and it is possible to do the same thing I used
: to be able to do in WP, please let me know!
:
::-)
:
: David
:
: *At the training sessions for Word at work, where we're switching from
: WP, I mentioned to our teacher that I'd been using WP since 1986, to
: which she replied: "Ha Ha. That's the year I was born!"
:
: Sigh.
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
fscodave fscodave is offline

OK, thanks. I'd spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out,
and the IT people at work weren't able to help either.