Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Monty Monty is offline

Default Alphabetize

I will be given about 6000 street names to sort out over the next few weeks.
How do I save the street names at random so they are alphabetized each time
I save the entries. Thanks, Monty

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you kept them in Excel it would be easier but depending on the format and
how you're getting this data, you can sort in Word as well.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Monty" wrote in message
I will be given about 6000 street names to sort out over the next few
weeks. How do I save the street names at random so they are alphabetized
each time I save the entries. Thanks, Monty

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Depending on their format, they would probably be best each entered into a
row of a Word table. You can then sort on the appropriate column of that
table. The process is similar to that at
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm which may save you
some time if the names are provided as a list.