Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Default Copy and paste

Running Windows XP
Word 2002
IE and OE v6
MS Word as Internet browser

I'm having a problem with "Save as" and "copy and paste" text and image
pages from the Internet. How can I fix this. It seems that if the page just
consist of text alone, there isn't a problem. The trouble comes when it a
combination of graphics, tables, and text. I get an error message stating
that a serious error has occurred and that Word will have to close down.
then I have the opportunity to save the page, but I get caught in a loop.
the only other choice is to delete the attempt. Would one of you more
knowledgeable people help me with this? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Have you emptied your temp cache?
In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/p...649111033.aspx

"billybob" wrote in message
Running Windows XP
Word 2002
IE and OE v6
MS Word as Internet browser

I'm having a problem with "Save as" and "copy and paste" text and image
pages from the Internet. How can I fix this. It seems that if the page just
consist of text alone, there isn't a problem. The trouble comes when it a
combination of graphics, tables, and text. I get an error message stating
that a serious error has occurred and that Word will have to close down.
then I have the opportunity to save the page, but I get caught in a loop.
the only other choice is to delete the attempt. Would one of you more
knowledgeable people help me with this? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Empty it everyday, Mary. Actually, I've asked this question in this NG
twice before with no positive response. I thought I'd try for 3 strikes I'm
out...one more time. I really didn't think it would be that tough of a
problem, but it does seem so, because everyone seems to stay away from it.
???? Maybe if you can't help me further with this, perhaps someone else
will be able to do so.
Thanks Mary!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Move your temp folder, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, settings,
move folder.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"billybob" wrote in message
Empty it everyday, Mary. Actually, I've asked this question in this NG
twice before with no positive response. I thought I'd try for 3 strikes I'm
out...one more time. I really didn't think it would be that tough of a
problem, but it does seem so, because everyone seems to stay away from it.
???? Maybe if you can't help me further with this, perhaps someone else
will be able to do so.
Thanks Mary!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

respectfully....why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Why what?

"billybob" wrote in message
respectfully....why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes, what are you talking about? The practice of including a long thread of
messages in a reply is abhorrent, but the opposite -- not even showing what
you are replying to -- is very confusing to regular ng readers (and posters)
who may read hundreds of messages a day.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Why what?

so
all may benefit.

"billybob" wrote in message
respectfully....why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default You picked the wrong target

..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Although not intentional, I stand admonished and I apologize for my lack of
clarity, thus expecting you guys to be psychic.

My intention was to ask, "Why do I need to move the temp folder?" Sorry
guys!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

The reason you need to move your temp folder is because you are having issues
with web sites and the like. Emptying the cache did not work, so I am assuming
the folder itself is the problem.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"billybob" wrote in message
Although not intentional, I stand admonished and I apologize for my lack of
clarity, thus expecting you guys to be psychic.

My intention was to ask, "Why do I need to move the temp folder?" Sorry
guys!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Very clear answer Mary and your explanation does make sense to me. I will
give that a try and see if that could be the problem. Thank you very much,
Mary! .....and for everyone's patience!