Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jojo jojo is offline

Default Word template

I have created a template in which the first section is locked (continuous
section break).
Is there some way I can get the cursor to jump to the first line of the
second section on opening a document based on the template?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Create an AutoOpen macro that moves the insertion point to the next section
(assuming you only have that one section break).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"jojo" wrote in message
:I have created a template in which the first section is locked (continuous
: section break).
: Is there some way I can get the cursor to jump to the first line of the
: second section on opening a document based on the template?
:
: TIA
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
josi josi is offline

I do have only one section break (although I have a line below the section
break which contains the CreateDate). So I really need to jump to the line
after that when I open the document.

I have been looking for instructions for an appropriate AutoOpen macro but I
can only find details of adding it to Normal.dot which I don't want to do.
Can you tell me how to create such a macro for the template I've created,
please?

Thanks

"jojo" wrote in message
:I have created a template in which the first section is locked
(continuous
: section break).
: Is there some way I can get the cursor to jump to the first line of the
: second section on opening a document based on the template?
:
: TIA
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In this case, insert a bookmark where you want the insertion point to be,
then record a macro of going to that bookmark (using Ctrl+G and selecting
the bookmark). Save the macro in the template itself (by changing the "Store
macro in" setting in the dialog), not in Normal.dot. You'll need to save it
as AutoNew if you want this behavior in new documents based on the template,
but if the document will be reopened later, you'll need an identical
AutoOpen macro as well.