Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jman444@hotmail.com is offline

Default Double spacing outline after numbers and letters

I am trying to automatically configure my outline so that after every
roman numeral, number or letter starting a new point in the outline i
can drop a double space. Essentially I want the text following each
letter (i.e. I, A, 1, (i)) to be singled spaced and then after I want a
double space. Any ideas on how to do that? I want it to to look
something like this:

I. XXXXX

A. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyy
(wrapped to the next line single spaced)

1. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(wrapped to the next line single spaced)

(i) qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

II. SSSS

Double spaces created automatically throughout my entire outline. Any
idea on how to do that. Please help. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jman444@hotmail.com is offline

I've tried that, but its not consistent. Is there some way I can set
it up before I start typing the outline so that it will automatically
make the double space after each outline number?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Use Spacing Before/After.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to automatically configure my outline so that after every
roman numeral, number or letter starting a new point in the outline i
can drop a double space. Essentially I want the text following each
letter (i.e. I, A, 1, (i)) to be singled spaced and then after I want a
double space. Any ideas on how to do that? I want it to to look
something like this:

I. XXXXX

A. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyy
(wrapped to the next line single spaced)

1. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(wrapped to the next line single spaced)

(i) qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

II. SSSS

Double spaces created automatically throughout my entire outline. Any
idea on how to do that. Please help. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Include this in the definition of the styles you're using for your numbered
paragraphs. To set up the numbering, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

wrote in message
ups.com...
I've tried that, but its not consistent. Is there some way I can set
it up before I start typing the outline so that it will automatically
make the double space after each outline number?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Use Spacing Before/After.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to automatically configure my outline so that after every
roman numeral, number or letter starting a new point in the outline i
can drop a double space. Essentially I want the text following each
letter (i.e. I, A, 1, (i)) to be singled spaced and then after I want

double space. Any ideas on how to do that? I want it to to look
something like this:

I. XXXXX

A. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyy
(wrapped to the next line single spaced)

1. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(wrapped to the next line single spaced)

(i) qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

II. SSSS

Double spaces created automatically throughout my entire outline. Any
idea on how to do that. Please help. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

One method is to select the entire outline and then apply the spacing,
via Format | Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab. Even better is to set
up numbering attached to styles, as explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html, and
specify the desired Spacing Before or After in each style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I've tried that, but its not consistent. Is there some way I can

set
it up before I start typing the outline so that it will

automatically
make the double space after each outline number?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Use Spacing Before/After.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jman444@hotmail.com is offline

I read the link you gave to me, and it doesnt explain how to create the
double space after each heading (i.e. letter or number). And selecting
the whole outline and then doing a double space, creates a double space
of the text on each line. I want the text single spaced and then after
each letter or number, a double space.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jman444@hotmail.com is offline

How do I do spacing before/after?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you actually *looked* at the Format | Paragraph dialog?

wrote in message
ps.com...
How do I do spacing before/after?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jman444@hotmail.com is offline

Beautiful. Thats exactly what I was looking for.

I set the spacing at 12pt before, and 12pt after and the line spacing
at single

That did it. You're the best. I appreciate it.