Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Afternoonan Afternoonan is offline

Default Why can't you start line numbering in word 2003 at 33001

We are automatic numbering a document but we specifically want to start the
numbering at 33001 but it keeps telling us that the start number has to be
between 1 and 32767 - if we start the numbering at 32766 it will allow us to
keep numbering indefinitely but it won't allow us to start at 33001. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

I suspect this is an outright bug. The limitation was presumably introduced
when Word was programmed for 16 bit integers, and not removed when they went
to 32 bit.

If you have fewer than 10,000 items in your list you can get around the
problem by putting the inital 3 into the number format itself, and start the
counting at 3001.