Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kim kim is offline

Default dot leader disappears in table of contents

Can you tell me why the dot leader does not display when generating a TOC for
level 1? I have checked the setting and the dot leaders display for level 2
(heading 2), but not for heading 1 levels. I am using the format from
template, showing 2 levels. After I update the TOC and go into the settings,
the dot leaders option is not checked, even though I check it every time. I
am using a tablet, although I had the same problem on a regular PC. I am also
using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Give up on the TOC dialog and edit the style directly. With the insertion
point in one of the TOC 1 entries, go to Format | Tabs, select the tab at
the right margin, and add a period leader.

"Kim" wrote in message
news
Can you tell me why the dot leader does not display when generating a TOC

for
level 1? I have checked the setting and the dot leaders display for level

2
(heading 2), but not for heading 1 levels. I am using the format from
template, showing 2 levels. After I update the TOC and go into the

settings,
the dot leaders option is not checked, even though I check it every time.

am using a tablet, although I had the same problem on a regular PC. I am

also
using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kim kim is offline

Yes, I ended up doing that. I found that the style had been edited before so
that only the TOC2 entries had the leader tab and I was able to get TOC1
entries changed too. Thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Give up on the TOC dialog and edit the style directly. With the insertion
point in one of the TOC 1 entries, go to Format | Tabs, select the tab at
the right margin, and add a period leader.

news