Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Texasdave Texasdave is offline

Default header is not there when sent as an e-mail

when I view my letter under print layout the header is there but if I send it
to a mail recipient or view the letter under normal view the header is not
there. How do I correct this. I appreciate your time and suggestions.
Thanks
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Send it as an attachment; View it in print layout view.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Texasdave" wrote in message
when I view my letter under print layout the header is there but if I send
it
to a mail recipient or view the letter under normal view the header is not
there. How do I correct this. I appreciate your time and suggestions.
Thanks
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you sent your letter as an HTML email, HTML does not use headers or
footers, and so they get lost in the transfer to HTML. You can't do anything
about this, except type the text of the header ONCE at the top of your
letter. HTML files, remember, don't have page breaks, so a multi-page
document will be a single page (but multiple screens) in HTML. Without page
breaks, the idea of a header that repeats on every page makes no sense.

Headers don't show in Normal view, because only the main text stream shows
in Normal View. More information:
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/PagesInWord.html

On 9/3/06 12:25 PM, "Texasdave" wrote:

when I view my letter under print layout the header is there but if I send it
to a mail recipient or view the letter under normal view the header is not
there. How do I correct this. I appreciate your time and suggestions.
Thanks
Dave

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word