Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bbwordsmith bbwordsmith is offline

Default How do I find or add a missing Reading Layout Toolbar (not provide

My new document screen always gives me a Reading Layout Pane on the left
side. Microsoft Help says to use the Reading Layout Toolbar to turn it off;
however my Toolbar menu does not have a Reading Layout Toolbar on it. How
can I prevent this pane from appearing each time I open a blank page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Word, click on Tools | Options | General | uncheck the "Allow
starting in Reading Layout" box | OK. Also see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm .

bbwordsmith wrote:

My new document screen always gives me a Reading Layout Pane on the left
side. Microsoft Help says to use the Reading Layout Toolbar to turn it off;
however my Toolbar menu does not have a Reading Layout Toolbar on it. How
can I prevent this pane from appearing each time I open a blank page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bbwordsmith bbwordsmith is offline

Default How do I find or add a missing Reading Layout Toolbar (not pro

I believe that clicking off "Allow Starting in Reading Layout" applies only
to e-mails. --bbwordsmith

bbwordsmith wrote:

My new document screen always gives me a Reading Layout Pane on the left
side. Microsoft Help says to use the Reading Layout Toolbar to turn it off;
however my Toolbar menu does not have a Reading Layout Toolbar on it. How
can I prevent this pane from appearing each time I open a blank page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bbwordsmith bbwordsmith is offline

Solution provided by "Richard."

bbwordsmith wrote:

My new document screen always gives me a Reading Layout Pane on the left
side. Microsoft Help says to use the Reading Layout Toolbar to turn it off;
however my Toolbar menu does not have a Reading Layout Toolbar on it. How
can I prevent this pane from appearing each time I open a blank page?

How do I get back the missing header/footer toolbar is Word 2000? Arima53 Microsoft Word Help 10 January 5th 07 10:12 PM
reading layout chas71 Page Layout 1 April 26th 06 04:22 PM
Let me choose to always open in print layout, not reading layout papa Microsoft Word Help 1 December 21st 05 07:57 PM
Word 2003: Reading Layout changes page numbers in TOC [email protected] Page Layout 3 January 11th 05 02:46 AM
Reading layout loses table of contents ASwadener Microsoft Word Help 14 January 10th 05 04:40 PM