Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
gatasdl gatasdl is offline

Default how do I type playing card symbols? Spades hearts diamonds clubs

I write a bridge column and cant find the symbols
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Symbol font has them.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"gatasdl" wrote in message
I write a bridge column and cant find the symbols

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Additionally, since you'll use these symbols many times, it's worth
assigning shortcut keys to them. In the Insert Symbol dialog, select
the Symbol font, click on one of the suit symbols, and click the
Shortcut Key button. Repeat for the other symbols.

More details are at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:27:00 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

Symbol font has them.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"gatasdl" wrote in message
I write a bridge column and cant find the symbols

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Good advice - are you a bridge player by chance?

I don't know how anyone can play cards without an Undo button. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Additionally, since you'll use these symbols many times, it's worth
assigning shortcut keys to them. In the Insert Symbol dialog, select
the Symbol font, click on one of the suit symbols, and click the
Shortcut Key button. Repeat for the other symbols.

More details are at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:27:00 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

Symbol font has them.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"gatasdl" wrote in message
I write a bridge column and cant find the symbols

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:30:09 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

Good advice - are you a bridge player by chance?

I tried for a while, about 30 years ago, but I never got good at it.

I don't know how anyone can play cards without an Undo button. ;-)

Spider Solitaire is my game of choice.

I have a cartoon that shows several women sitting at office desks,
each playing solitaire with real cards. One of them is on the phone
saying, "The computer is down, and we have to do everything by hand!"