Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf sf is offline

Default microsoft image writer

What is it? I've never encountered this before and it's driving me
nuts. It pops up on random pdfs or docs which I try to print and only
allows me to save as .mdi. In other cases, it pops up but I have
choices and can choose my own printer and it doesn't change the
extension from .doc or .pdf to .mdi. If I say OK to saving as .mdi, I
still can't print. Arrrrugh! Is there anything I can do to change
this?

Background: I have a new hard drive (the "old" one went kaput, so I
have new software that is similar to my original configuration which is
both microsoft and dell approved). My printer wasn't recognized by my
computer - so I went to HP and downloaded the drivers from there
because I don't know where the installation CD is hiding. I suppose
this image writer thing came with my drivers (it's a
printer/scanner/copier), but I don't know for sure and I sure don't
know how to work around it.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

About Microsoft Office Document Imaging

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sf" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf sf is offline

Thanks, I saved the page but it didn't answer the other part of my
question. Why would it pop up on random pdf's that I try to print from
the web? The only option to choose is image writer in those cases. Is
it a problem with the web page design or with my computer?

TIA
```````````````````````

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
About Microsoft Office Document Imaging

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sf" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I wish I could help you with that but I'm afraid I can't.

What/where is your default printer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

ups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
About Microsoft Office Document Imaging

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sf" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf sf is offline

Problem solved... I downloaded new drivers for my printer from the
internet so now I just have to reselect the default printer from time
to time (I'm still not sure why).

thanks
````````````````````````````````````
JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I wish I could help you with that but I'm afraid I can't.

What/where is your default printer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

ups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
About Microsoft Office Document Imaging

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sf" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, at least you're working again. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I wish I could help you with that but I'm afraid I can't.

What/where is your default printer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]