Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
michigan michigan is offline

Default spellcheck not spellchecking

i have office 2003 student teacher pack. i noticed today that spellcheck is
not correcting or highlighting spelling errors. i have checked the
appropriate boxes in spelling and grammar but to no avail. i know that in the
past it has been working ok, so what has gone wrong?
kind regards
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you sure that the correct language is specified for the text you
are trying to spell check?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"michigan" wrote in message
i have office 2003 student teacher pack. i noticed today that

spellcheck is
not correcting or highlighting spelling errors. i have checked the
appropriate boxes in spelling and grammar but to no avail. i know

that in the
past it has been working ok, so what has gone wrong?
kind regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KR KR is offline

I believe that there is also a setting for "ignore this section of the
document" (or something like that); I've had similar problems that I've
(perhaps incorrectly, but I never came up with a better theory) attributed
to large sections of the document being ignored. Getting Word to unignore it
was the challenge...
Keith

"michigan" wrote in message
i have office 2003 student teacher pack. i noticed today that

spellcheck is
not correcting or highlighting spelling errors. i have checked the
appropriate boxes in spelling and grammar but to no avail. i know

that in the
past it has been working ok, so what has gone wrong?
kind regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You get Word to "ignore" text by formatting it as "Do not check spelling or
grammar" in Tools | Language | Set Language. You reverse the process the
same way. Ctrl+A to Select All, then go to the Language dialog, make sure
the correct language is selected, and clear the check box for "Do not
check..."