Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] rtimm@whoi.edu is offline

Default document occassionaly jumps to top or bottom

Documents I am working in occoassionaly shake and then jump to the top
of the document or to the bottom of the document. Any idea on what is
happening and how to fix it? It can be a real pain when your in the
middle of a 10 page document and it does this.

's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4370
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1200569

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

" wrote in message

Documents I am working in occoassionaly shake and then jump to the top
of the document or to the bottom of the document. Any idea on what is
happening and how to fix it? It can be a real pain when your in the
middle of a 10 page document and it does this.

Eh? What jumps to the top/bottom of the document? And what do you mean by
shake? Does the whole screen shake?
Sounds like some sort of virus? but maybe if you can give a few more
details may be able to give you a better answer...

Cheers,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Is this a Laptop with Touchpad?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

" wrote in message

Documents I am working in occoassionaly shake and then jump to the top
of the document or to the bottom of the document. Any idea on what is
happening and how to fix it? It can be a real pain when your in the
middle of a 10 page document and it does this.

's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4370
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1200569

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Ahhhh...

I wonder...? The old accidentally touching the touchpad with your hands as
you type.

Should of considered that he meant somthing like that. Think it was the
shaking the threw me, wasn't sure what he meant by that, still don't.

Accidental touchpad activation: happens to me all the time and drives me
crazy sometimes, especially when I send an email I'm halfway through typing
or sommat like that!

Shame they can't detect that you are typing and reduce the sensitivity of
the touchpad or somthing.
Mind you if learned to type properly, it wouldnt be so much of a problem I
suppose.

Sorry for rambling, but is is 17:55 on a Friday... time to go home I think!

:-)

Chris.

" wrote in message

Documents I am working in occoassionaly shake and then jump to the top
of the document or to the bottom of the document. Any idea on what is
happening and how to fix it? It can be a real pain when your in the
middle of a 10 page document and it does this.

's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4370
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1200569

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] rtimm@whoi.edu is offline

To answer some questions:
1. It is not a laptop, it is a Dell Optiplex GX620.
2. This does not happen on Word Documents created over 3 months ago,
but does occur on the latest documents - so I don't think it is a
virus, but I am taking that into consideration, I do have the latest
Norton Anti-Virus software and updates
4. When I say the screen shakes it is just the Word Document. It does
a little skip or shake, just real quick.
5. After the shake, the Document moves to the top as if you hit Ctrl +
Home on your keyboard, but the cursor does not move to the top
6. This happens every minute and it does not matter if I am touching
the keyboard or mouse. It just does it with no contact.

Thanks for checking this out and thinking about a solution.

's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4370
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1200569

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

It is usually a sleeve cuff and most Touchpads have a setup that lets the
user adjust the sensitivity or even disable the double-click function.

Terry

" wrote in message

Documents I am working in occoassionaly shake and then jump to the top
of the document or to the bottom of the document. Any idea on what is
happening and how to fix it? It can be a real pain when your in the
middle of a 10 page document and it does this.

's Profile:
http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4370
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1200569

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

That is weird! It sounds like some outside influence. Try having the Task
Manager open to see if anything is grabbing processor power at the time this
occurs.

Terry