Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Default missing dlls

Last month I was receiving messages saying I had 2 specific MSSpell dlls
missing. After some searching I have
discovered this has apparently something to do with proofing tools in the
wrong language.

Luckily someone gave me the solution and I had fixed it, I thought.

It has started to happen again.

What I want to know is...

Is this a setting that is coming in on a specific document and affects that
document only or is it changing my settings in my Word 2002 permanently.

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

CTRL+A then Tools language set language - to your usual language
Uncheck the automatically detect button.
If pasting from web pages use edit paste special unformatted text to avoid
bringing over the source language.

B.W. wrote:
Last month I was receiving messages saying I had 2 specific MSSpell
dlls missing. After some searching I have
discovered this has apparently something to do with proofing tools in
the wrong language.

Luckily someone gave me the solution and I had fixed it, I thought.

It has started to happen again.

What I want to know is...

Is this a setting that is coming in on a specific document and
affects that document only or is it changing my settings in my Word
2002 permanently.
B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Thanks Graham, they are not web pages but someone else created them and they
email them to me so I wondered can these pages still
be bringing over the source language?
TIA
B.W.

B.W. wrote:
Last month I was receiving messages saying I had 2 specific MSSpell
dlls missing. After some searching I have
discovered this has apparently something to do with proofing tools in
the wrong language.

Luckily someone gave me the solution and I had fixed it, I thought.

It has started to happen again.

What I want to know is...

Is this a setting that is coming in on a specific document and
affects that document only or is it changing my settings in my Word
2002 permanently.
B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Absolutely - the proofing language is a formatting parameter.
You may find the following macro useful for pasting such oddments:

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

B.W. wrote:
Last month I was receiving messages saying I had 2 specific MSSpell
dlls missing. After some searching I have
discovered this has apparently something to do with proofing tools
in the wrong language.

Luckily someone gave me the solution and I had fixed it, I thought.

It has started to happen again.

What I want to know is...

Is this a setting that is coming in on a specific document and
affects that document only or is it changing my settings in my Word
2002 permanently.
B.W.

MISSING TEXTWhen I email my document - some of the text is missing ls Microsoft Word Help 4 August 11th 09 09:51 PM
Missing text with pdf Conversion klam Microsoft Word Help 16 August 29th 06 12:56 PM
Missing dlls B.W. New Users 10 August 18th 06 02:51 AM
C# MailMerge from Excel Chris Mailmerge 9 August 3rd 06 02:57 PM
pdf Created is Missing Parts of Document klam Microsoft Word Help 0 May 8th 06 02:22 PM