Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pratik Joardar Pratik Joardar is offline

Default How do I open a .rpt file?

How do I open a .rpt file thru word or other MS text editor?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I open a .rpt file?

A .rpt file is typically associated with Crystal Reports software, which is used for creating and designing reports. However, if you want to open a .rpt file in Microsoft Word or another MS text editor, you may need to convert the file to a compatible format first. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open Crystal Reports software and open the .rpt file you want to convert.
  2. Click on the "Export" button in the toolbar or go to "File" "Export".
  3. In the "Export" dialog box, choose a file format that is compatible with Microsoft Word or another MS text editor, such as "Rich Text Format" (RTF) or "Microsoft Word (97-2003) - RTF".
  4. Choose a location to save the converted file and click "OK" to start the conversion process.
  5. Once the conversion is complete, you can open the converted file in Microsoft Word or another MS text editor by double-clicking on it or using the "Open" command in the software.

Keep in mind that the formatting of the original .rpt file may not be preserved in the converted file, so you may need to make some adjustments to the layout and formatting in Microsoft Word or another MS text editor.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

It's a Crystal Report file. You'll need Crystal Report to open it.

"Pratik Joardar" Pratik wrote in message
| How do I open a .rpt file thru word or other MS text editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pratik Joardar Pratik Joardar is offline

Thanks Tom for your reply.

I do not have Crystal Report on my system. Is there any way by which I can
open it thru MS programs?

Pratik

"Tom Willett" wrote:

It's a Crystal Report file. You'll need Crystal Report to open it.

"Pratik Joardar" Pratik wrote in message
| How do I open a .rpt file thru word or other MS text editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

Try notepad.

"Pratik Joardar" wrote in message
| Thanks Tom for your reply.
|
| I do not have Crystal Report on my system. Is there any way by which I can
| open it thru MS programs?
|
| Pratik
|
| "Tom Willett" wrote:
|
| It's a Crystal Report file. You'll need Crystal Report to open it.
|
| "Pratik Joardar" Pratik wrote in
message
| | How do I open a .rpt file thru word or other MS text editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

http://www.topshareware.com/Crystal-...nload-3942.htm

Google is *my* friend.

--