Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mscertified mscertified is offline

Default how insert page break under a table

My document has a table followed directly by a heading which appears on the
The table is in landscape format and the following page needs to be
portrait. How do I insert a break after the table? I cannot find any way to
get the cursor to appear under the table so I can insert a section break?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how insert page break under a table

How to Insert a Page Break After a Table in Microsoft Word
  1. Place your cursor at the end of the last row in your table.
  2. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Breaks" section and click on "Page" break.
  4. This will insert a page break after your table, which will allow you to start a new page with a different orientation if needed.

If you're still having trouble getting the cursor to appear under the table, try clicking on the table and then pressing the "Tab" key on your keyboard. This should move the cursor to the next line below the table, where you can then insert the page break.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

A comment regarding possible problems in documents with cross-references and
an alternative method that can be used to prevent such problems:

If you have cross-references that point to a heading, I have experienced
that such references tend to become erroneous if you insert a section break
(as in this case) or insert a paragraph by hitting Return while the insertion
point is in the beginning of the heading. This happens because the section
break/the new paragraph you insert will be inside the hidden bookmark that
surrounds the heading and that is used by the cross-references €“ the bookmark
start will then be in the wrong place. The errors occur the next time you
update fields and are confusing because it is rather difficult to see what
happens. For example, I have seen several documents with cross-references to
Section 0 (zero) €“ number 0 occurred because the bookmark start was in an
inserted, unnumbered paragraph.

This _alternative method_ can be used in case of a document with
cross-references:
Insert an extra row at the end of the table. Position the insertion point in
the new row and select Table Split Table. This will insert a paragraph with
Normal style between your original table and the new row. Delete the new row.
Insert the section break in the new paragraph that remains.

If the bottom of the table is very close to the bottom margin of the page,
you may need to set the line spacing of the new paragraph to as small a value
as Word allows in order to keep the new paragraph on the same page as the
table (Format Paragraph Line spacing Exactly (type 0 and click OK -
then Word will tell you what the allowed minimum is).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Place the insertion point at the beginning of the heading on the next page
and Insert | Break.

"mscertified" wrote in message
news
My document has a table followed directly by a heading which appears on

The table is in landscape format and the following page needs to be
portrait. How do I insert a break after the table? I cannot find any way

get the cursor to appear under the table so I can insert a section break?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is a good safety precaution. Note, however, that once you have inserted
the section break, you can delete the empty paragraph you used to insert it;
at that point it's safely outside the bookmark around the heading paragraph.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Place the insertion point at the beginning of the heading on the next

page
and Insert | Break.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
Incorrect Page Numbers in a Table of Contents Dallas64 Microsoft Word Help 1 September 8th 06 05:40 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Cannot insert page break Can't page break! Microsoft Word Help 2 August 18th 05 08:29 PM
Page breaks in justifed text WWALKER Microsoft Word Help 7 March 17th 05 04:48 AM