Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anthony dee anthony dee is offline

Default how do i attract the attention of reader to a text line?

i need to attract the attention of reader to a paragraph of my note. I have
highlighted the text . I want the text to keep flashing
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i attract the attention of reader to a text line?

Hi there! It sounds like you want to make a specific paragraph in your note stand out and catch the reader's attention. Highlighting the text is a good start, but if you want to make it really eye-catching, you can make the text flash.

Here's how to do it in Microsoft Word:
  1. Select the paragraph you want to make flash.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the arrow next to the "Text Highlight Color" button (it looks like a highlighter pen).
  4. Choose the color you want to use for the flashing effect.
  5. Click on the "Text Effects" button (it looks like an "A" with a blue underline).
  6. Choose "Blinking Background" from the drop-down menu.
  7. The text should now be flashing!

Note that this effect may not work in all versions of Word or on all devices. Additionally, flashing text can be distracting or annoying to some readers, so use it sparingly and only when it's really necessary to draw attention to something important.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You can select the line of text, go to Format Font Text Effects,
and choose the effect you want -- regardless of how annoying it is.

If the reader has had the understanding and foresight to go to Tools
Options View and uncheck "Animated text", however, your attempt at
annoyance will be nullified.

Personally, if I saw a line of blinking text, that would be the last
document I would ever accept from you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:21:05 -0800, anthony dee anthony
wrote:

i need to attract the attention of reader to a paragraph of my note. I have
highlighted the text . I want the text to keep flashing

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Personally, if I saw a line of blinking text, that would be the last
document I would ever accept from you.

Hear hear. Unless it continues to blink when printed out. THEN I'd take it
seriously.