Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tempermill Tempermill is offline

Default Two columns in Word 2007

I'm using Word 2007. I want to have a wide text box with two columns, so that
text will flow from one column to the next when you reach the bottom of the
text box. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Here's one way:

1. Insert a text box, half the desired width.

2. Make a copy of that text box, and insert it adjacent to the original so
that the right side of one and the left side of the other are perfectly
aligned.

3. Click in the left text box, and in the Text Box Tools - Format ribbon
tab, click Create Link (near left end, in the Text sections).

4. Click in the right text box.

If desired, you can select the text boxes, right-click, and group them, if
you want them to move together. When you resize them while grouped, both
boxes change by the same amount.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible