Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] erniewyles@hotmail.com is offline

Default Adding an entry to the header autotext menu

I know how to format my header to give me the following:

Page {Page} of {SectonPages}

Using fields within the header. That's fine. So now I want to take this to
the next step for a very big project coming up where we will be using this
format quite often. I want to add this format as an option in the autotext
drop down menu to alleviate having to manually enter the fields in every
section of my huge document. Any help on doing this would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:00:03 -0700,
wrote:

I know how to format my header to give me the following:

Page {Page} of {SectonPages}

Using fields within the header. That's fine. So now I want to take this to
the next step for a very big project coming up where we will be using this
format quite often. I want to add this format as an option in the autotext
drop down menu to alleviate having to manually enter the fields in every
section of my huge document. Any help on doing this would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Create the desired header in a document. Make sure the Header style is
applied to it. Select the text in the header. Go to the Insert
AutoText AutoText dialog. Set the "Look in" box to the specific
template you want to store the entry in, assign a name, and click the
Add button.

The style applied to the text at the time you create the entry
determines which submenu of the AutoText menu will contain the entry's
name. Additionally, if the cursor is in a paragraph that has that
style, then only the entries for that style will be displayed -- for
example, in the Header/Footer toolbar.

More info at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm.

--