robert53e1

Default Converting .doc to .txt

When I saved a .doc document, I was able to maintain the font by setting it
under Plain Text. I can't, however, prevent the margins from shrinking when I
save under .txt. How do I set the standard template margins for Plain Text?
Thank you kindly for your assistance.

Robert
Jezebel

You might be confusing two issues. Text files have NO formatting, by
definition. Any format you see when you open the file -- font, margins, or
anything else -- is being imposed by Word after the file is opened. When you
say you're 'able to maintain the font', all you're saying is that you've
configured the default style in Word to the font you want. That font is NOT
in the txt file. You can set the margins for normal.dot too -- that will
impose a page layout on txt documents when you open them. But it won't work
on any other computer.