Gaz uk

Default Justified numbered paragraph

Hi

I have a paragraph that is numbered. The first line has 4 words then there
are two soft returns (ctrl enter) then the main body of the paragraph which I
need justified. However when I do justify the main body the first line also
justifies and looks stupid.

I'm sure there is a simple answer but I'm unsure if I should be formatting
this in a different way, or is there an option I haven't found?

Thanks in advance

Margaret Aldis

You need two separate styles - one for the numbered part of the paragraph,
and one for the main justified part. Format the first style with the correct
space after, and with 'Keep with next' set the paragraph settings. Set the
'following style' to the main paragraph style.

You will then style the first 4 words (to number), press *one* return, and
carry on typing in the main paragraph style (applied automatically).

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Gaz uk" wrote in message
news
Hi

I have a paragraph that is numbered. The first line has 4 words then

there
are two soft returns (ctrl enter) then the main body of the paragraph

which I
need justified. However when I do justify the main body the first line

also
justifies and looks stupid.

I'm sure there is a simple answer but I'm unsure if I should be formatting
this in a different way, or is there an option I haven't found?

Thanks in advance

Margaret has described the correct way to do this; if you want a
quick-and-dirty solution, press Tab at the end of the first line before
pressing Enter.

"Margaret Aldis" wrote in
message ...