Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Default Merge line items on 2 page form

I have a two page form.

The room number {MERGEFIELD "ROOM" } is on the first page

I want to put the names of all people assigned to the room on the second page.

I need a new form started for each room.

I've tried variations of the following, obviously with no success:

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD CITY }" "" }{ SET Place1 { MERGEFIELD
CITY }} { If { Place2 } { Place1 }" { MERGEFIELD CITY }¶

{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } { MERGEFIELD SALES }" "{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } {
MERGEFIELD SALES }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶

Where, in my case, "CITY" is "ROOM; "EMPLOYEE" is "LAST"; "SALES" is "FIRST"

Help... please...

Suzanne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you are wanting to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key
field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

or at:

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne" wrote in message
I have a two page form.

The room number {MERGEFIELD "ROOM" } is on the first page

I want to put the names of all people assigned to the room on the second
page.

I need a new form started for each room.

I've tried variations of the following, obviously with no success:

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD CITY }" "" }{ SET Place1 {
MERGEFIELD
CITY }} { If { Place2 } { Place1 }" { MERGEFIELD CITY }¶

{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } { MERGEFIELD SALES }" "{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } {
MERGEFIELD SALES }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶

Where, in my case, "CITY" is "ROOM; "EMPLOYEE" is "LAST"; "SALES" is
"FIRST"

Help... please...

Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

ok... is there a way to reference multiple items back to a bookmark?

Form Page 1: Room 1 ({MERGEFIELD ROOM} Bookmarked ROOM1)
Form Page 2: All people assigned to Room 1
Page Break
Form Page 1: Room 2 ({MERGEFIELD ROOM} Bookmarked ROOM1)
Form Page 2: All people assigned to Room 2
etc., etc.

I can't believe this is not possible... if I can (easily) setup a one-page
test form which does have all individuals listed in their respective rooms,
there has to be some method to do it on a two-page form.

Thanks -- Suz

"Suzanne" wrote in message
I have a two page form.

The room number {MERGEFIELD "ROOM" } is on the first page

I want to put the names of all people assigned to the room on the second
page.

I need a new form started for each room.

I've tried variations of the following, obviously with no success:

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD CITY }" "" }{ SET Place1 {
MERGEFIELD
CITY }} { If { Place2 } { Place1 }" { MERGEFIELD CITY }¶

{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } { MERGEFIELD SALES }" "{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } {
MERGEFIELD SALES }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶

Where, in my case, "CITY" is "ROOM; "EMPLOYEE" is "LAST"; "SALES" is
"FIRST"

Help... please...

Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Thanks... the Room field is at the top of the first page and lots of text /
data inbetween that and where the names go.