Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michael Hoeben Michael Hoeben is offline

Default Creating a Customer Statement by merging Excel with Word

I have a basic excel database containing names, addresses, postcode as well
as a list of items purchased; so the field names (column titles) are;
Name Address Postcode Itemcode ItemDescrip Qty Price-Each Total

I wish to create a mail merge document in Word which will find each unique
customer name record and then list the sales items or invoices below - almost
like a statement.

Smith, 8 Up St, London, SW1, 25488, Paint 5l, 2, 6.00, 12.00
Smith, 8 Up St, London, SW1, 25488, Paint 5l, 2, 6.00, 12.00
Jones, 1 Down St, Dover, DP2, 12345, Shoes, 1, 15.00, 15.00

I have been able to create something basic, but if there is more than one
itemcode per customer, then I don't know how to have each record printed,
before it goes to the next unique customer name.
I am sure I need some kind of If statement to say "If there is more than one
row with the same unique name or number, then include them in the table.
Otherwise, goto the next customer record.

I would appreciate any advice that anyone can offer.

Thanks
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you have something like Access, it's probably better to use Access
reporting for this kind of task as it's designed for it. Otherwise, see e.g.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211303

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk